Call for tender from FAIR for White Rabbit Switches
FAIR (Facility for Antiproton and Ion Research) is a new international accelerator facility which is currently under construction in Darmstadt, Germany.
There is an advance notification of a planned call for tender from FAIR for: White Rabbit Switches. FAIR are looking to find companies who would be interested in bidding on this project and wish to pre-qualify.
Short description (more information is available in attachment, on page 2):
The General Machine Timing system for FAIR requires time synchronizing a few thousands nodes with a precision better than one nanosecond, which is achieved by the White Rabbit (WR) protocol . The nodes are connected by an Ethernet network through White Rabbit Switches (WRS) . The WRS is an open hardware design of an 18-ports Ethernet switch licensed under the CERN Open Hardware License .
The specifications including the following ones must be fulfilled.
- WRS according to the Open Hardware Repository .
- WRS version 3.3 , however including a fix of issues 758 and 907 . The fixes shall be merged back to the Open Hardware
Repository by the supplier.
The supplier should have
- an on-line catalogue offering hardware products of similar complexity, such as network switches, VME, PCIe or MTCA products.
- in-house engineering resources and knowledge about hardware, HDL and software to debug and support the WRS.
- an interest to sell WRS and other Open Hardware designs to other customers.
- proven experience in the field of purchasing components, assembly and testing of PCBs.
- commercial and technical contact persons who are able to communicate in English or German.
Further information can be obtained from Mrs. S. Maigatter, email@example.com; 49 6159 712574. Please contact her ASAP for further information. It would be useful if you could also cc firstname.lastname@example.org for information.