Industrial Applications of Astrophysics, 25 June 2014, Portsmouth
£1.5M available from STFC External innovations funding schemes to support commercialisation of STFC funded research.
Please find attached the programme regarding the above event, which is free to attend to all participants registered on the STFC website below. This event is aimed at industry, astrophysicist and technology transfer professionals to understand what technologies there are in the area for collaborative R&D and commercialisation. Please feel free to circulate this to your colleagues or industry who you think might be interested in this workshop. The topics include:
- HPC - collaboration with industry on future computing platform
- Extreme data exploration
- DiRAC- e-Infrastructure service for industry and public sector
- Optical/IR airborne / space-based remote sensing
- Space weather - quantitative warnings to help industry (electronics, power and space communication industries)
- Astrophysics in finance - systematic investment strategies
- From solar flares to predicting patient deterioration
- South East Physics network (SEPnet) Employer Engagement Programme
- £1.5M available from STFC External innovations funding schemes to support commercialisation of STFC funded research
The workshop will further highlight funding opportunities to support KE relationships around astrophysics/astronomy R&D and industrial applications.
This workshop is free to attend to all participants registered on the STFC website below. In addition there is an opportunity to attend freely NAM’s plenary talks scheduled for the day, which are also included in our programme (see attached).
This is promising to be a very informative day and if you are interested please register via link given here: Registration
The deadline for registrations is 18 June 2014.