The JEOL Analytical Electron Microscopy & Surface Analysis Centre (JEMSAC), University of Dundee
+44 (0) 1382 386516 or +44 (0) 1382 384548http://www.dundee.ac.uk/elecengphysics/research/materialsengineering/nmrl/nmrlaemsac/Request Information
We offer a wide range of material characterization and analysis services for industry. Most of the analytical equipments at Dundee are highly specialised. Our expertise in using these facilities and analysing results has been built up over many years of research and development. Despite the capital cost of the equipments, customers can have their problems solved for a modest fee in many cases saving them the thousands of pounds that may be lost unless the problem is solved.
Some typical issues we can offer expertise and assistance:
- Identify why a number of components in a manufacturing process are being rejected.
- Identifying possible reasons why a component is failing during its life time.
- Analysis of surface corrosion and contamination.
- Detection of which elements are presented in a material and the composition.
- Analysis of small area from a few micrometers to a few tens of nanometres.
- Surface morphology and microstructure of thin films
- Bulk material image observation and composition analysis
- Quality control programs, custom-designed to ensure optimum quality of incoming materials, work in progress, and final products.
Having the answers allows you meet the demands of your customers by providing a quality product at a cost-effective price.
The JEOL Analytical Electron Microscopy & Surface Analysis Centre at University of Dundee utilises a number of analytical electron, optical and surface physics techniques in its basic research.