Welcome to Vortex Optical Coatings Ltd our aim is to help our customers get that optical coating/filter they need, quickly and at a price you can afford.
Our staff are widely experienced in the manufacture of Optical Coatings for all types of applications, we see ourselves as providing our customers with skills in the following areas.
We manufacture in the UK, deal direct with ourselves, no agents, no third parties, we put to use the experience gained over a combined 40 years in the industry.
- Extensive Coating Design experience using the ‘Essential MacLeod’ software.
- Practical advice, helping with cost effective solutions to your problems.
- Fast response, this is at all stages, including quotation, substrate procurement as well as manufacture.
- Advice at the prototype stage, we possess the desire and ability to work quickly to make the prototypes you require. We also possess extensive knowledge and capability for scaling up to greater production volumes.
- Pricing - with a streamlined operation whilst we cannot always guarantee it, we have a better chance of meeting your expectations.
- A top level aim of on time delivery.
- All coatings are highly durable and deposited using specialised state of the art Optical Coating Machines. Any special environmental testing or quality requirements for your coating/product can be discussed in detail.
- Experienced in coating a wide range of substrates e.g. Schott and Corning glasses, BK7, Quartz, Silicon, Germanium, Calcium Fluoride and more.
A Linear Variable Filter (LVF) is a single filter where the performance profile shifts gradually from one end of the filter to the other in a continuous manner, this is illustrated below for one covering the 2.5-5.0 µm range.
We are specialists in supplying production volumes of many different types of filters. Quality, price, consistency and on-time delivery are ensured for the duration of a contract and it is not unusual for this to be spread over a number of years.
Our ‘Fast Prototype’ shop has an excellent reputation. Your key input, allied to our design and manufacturing, mean we can make ‘problem solving’ optical filters in as little as 5 days.